Monday, August 20, 2012

Taking the plunge

I've struggled with my weight since my second pregnancy.   Having not had weight problems until I was 25 years old - it's made it so hard.   I've lived the life of the well-built head-turner.   Now I'm stuck in the point and laugh model.   It's hurtful how horribly people treat the obese.   I have fought this for over 30 years now - tried every diet known.  Even had a lap band procedure.  And here I am - still struggling.   So I'm giving this ONE LAST TRY.   I'm doing a 90day challenge 'body by Vi' thing.   I'm hoping I can get some momentum with it.   I lost weight before the Lap Band - but haven't since.  It's horrible.  Joined and went to gym everyday - when not at gym - walking or biking on the beach..... still.....not an ounce - yet wait - what's this?  Swollen legs - soooo swollen can barely bend at the knees.   Water building up and building up - where the hell did this come from?  Then lets add steroids to the mix for a first time ever case of SHINGLES!!!  Really?  Where the hell did that come from?   So - done with the steroids, now on Lasix to pee my life away and the water in my legs.   Still some dependent swelling - but not as bad - so back on the activity track again.   I need a BOOST a great big momentous change on the scale - to bring back my motivation and confidence.   Thus the challenge.  I should probably post a before picture here eh? And then one in 90 days? Sure - why not. Let me see if I can figure out how to do this!

My weight here - painfull at 260#  (I started this journey pre-op at 319#)

We'll see what happens.   I'm hoping a year from now I won't need sweaters to hide the width!!

No comments:

Post a Comment