Thursday, October 18, 2012

Wish I could invent a cure for 'STUPID'!

Well, I had one of those "everyone jump in front of Pauline while she's driving" mornings on my way to work today.   No matter how fast or how slow I was going, or how little or much space I had between me and the car in front of me - it seemed as if being in front of me was the place to be - and everyone wanted to be there.

HOWEVER, on the interstate, in the passing lane (otherwise known as the 'fast' lane - am I not right?) - I got behind a car doing 50 (speed limit 65!!! - this is the fast lane - jeeze!)  I rode along behind her for a bit until I could move over to go around her - I put on my blinker and as I moved to the right....so did she (no signal, no clue, nothing).   Of course the car that was behind me on my left sped up to fill the gap me and my lovely driving companion in front of me had just made, so I couldn't pull back over to get away from her.

Well as if she wasn't irritating enough just going so far below the speed limit, she had to incessantly tap on her brakes as if she was worried I was going to rear-end her or something.  I kept my distance - just because of her wreckless disregard for drivers around her - looking for a way out from this hell. 

She tapped her brake again as I had begun to accellerate to move over to the left, and I had to slow and missed my chance.  I seriously considered sign language but took a few deep breaths and chanted a mantra.  She was soooo busy watching me in her mirror and tapping her brake, I guess she didn't notice the car on the right that cut over in front of her in the VERY limited space she had between her and the car that had been in front of her....

I saw what was about to happen and made a quick exit to the Left lane from behind her, just as she looked in front of herself instead of in the mirror and proceeded to rear-end the person that just pulled into that space.  I just barely made it past, and really don't know what the repercussions were from her stupidity - but I'd imagine there were more than just the two of them involved - as it was in the middle of morning work commute on an interstate highway.

People who worry about what is behind them more than what's in front of them need to sit in the trundle seat of some antique car in a parade and stay out of the driver's seat.   I hope nobody was hurt due to her stupidity but I have a feeling.....

I think if I could find a cure for stupid - I'd win the nobel peace prize or something.  There's just so much of it out there!!! 

I really feel badly about going on and not going back to see the end result of her games.... I was actually caught up in the traffic flow and couldn't even get over to the right for an exit for several exits and was very nearly at work at that time.   I opted to go on to work as getting there after the fact would probably be next to impossible.  I can't begin to imagine what she's done to this morning's commute.   A lot of people will be late to work this morning - all thanks to someone who can't keep their eyes on the CORRECT part of the road and would rather make the person behind them miserable for their own enjoyment, than to drive appropriately and get on with her life!    We can only hope for karma - Hi Judge - yes license should be suspended - for stupidity.

Whew - another traffic rant!  Oh well - better here than on the road - huh? :)  Drive safe and smart! DON'T be STUPID!  I'm a nurse - but can't fix that!

No comments:

Post a Comment