Saturday, October 6, 2012

Warm Fuzzies

It's funny.   The silly little things that make us feel good or bad, happy or sad.  (Gee - are those words to a song?)

Sitting at my computer - pinning away on pinterest (my newest favorite obsession - I get those a lot) - I can see the hummingbird feeder out the front window.   The birds are out there just buzzing each other and yelling with their raspy little chirps - claiming territory - and grabbing a quick sneak sip in between the battles.   I could sit for hours and watch them - they're so amazing.... small, fast, beautiful, and comical. 

I also heard the sound of a lawn mower off in the distance.   Many people can tune out noises.  I often envied them - when I had to run to check every alarm in the ICU or ER - and they'd sit and do what they were doing - never even hearing them.   Because I CAN hear EVERY little thing around me - the irritating repetitious noises can really get to me quickly - so I'm generally off to go fix them (the dripping faucet, the wind rattling the blinds, the alarm on the microwave.....) - but there are sounds that bring back old memories - sounds like a lawn mower.   That is a sound that for some reason does not bother me - but instead soothes my soul.

Some of my favorite sounds:
  • Ocean waves
  • Train whistles
  • Boat horns
  • Meadowlarks
  • Wind in Pines
  • Trickling water
  • Babies laughing
  • Stringed instruments
  • Rain
  • Seagull Calls
  • Owls
  • Xylophones
  • Windchimes
  • Singing in Harmony
  • Flute
  • Steel Drums
There are probably a jillion more things - but these are just off the top of my head.
Other things that make me feel good and bring back memories...... Smells..... Mmmm yes

Some of my favorite fragrances:
  • Lily of the Valley - My  FAVORITE
  • Lilac - a close second
  • Bread baking - reminds me of grandma
  • Barbecue - mouthwatering
  • Bacon - can't ever have too much
  • Cucumber  - so refreshing
  • Tabu - my favorite perfume - (not made)
  • The air after it rains
  • Freshly mown grass
  • Freshly dug dirt
  • The Ocean
  • Babies
  • Eucalyptus
  • Pine forest
  • New Leather
  • New Cars
Just thinking about all these things makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.    Hope you do too!

No comments:

Post a Comment