Thursday, July 26, 2012

Hip-n-nee Disorder

So here I am.  60 very full years behind me - working on my 61st.   About 5 years ago - I would have never believed this many of my body parts would bother me, this many mobility issues would rear up their ugly heads and this many medicines would be in my medicine cabinet.  

Youth is sooooo wasted on the young!  I want THIS brain in my 23 year old body!!   How fast is this stem cell research moving?   Could I grow some new parts?  Quick?   I still have a lot to do and a lot to see and am finally at a financially comfortable place in my life!!  

At 47 - I bought glasses to read for the first time in my life.  At 57 - my weight gain was out of control.
At 59 I had lap band surgery - and I've been rolling down hill ever since.   Thyroid issues, Hysterectomy for cancer, Shingles for the first time in my life, Swelling in my lower extremities so bad it pits a 1/2 inch deep (or so it seems).    Before the lap band I'd increased my activity - joined a gym - went every day after work, afterward when I moved to a safer neighborhood I walked on the beach by my home when I didn't go to the gym.   I started to train to run a marathon - and stopped midway - something was wrong.  My left hip always hurt when I walked or ran long distances - but now it was becoming unbearable!  And both my knees began hurting so badly, I could hardly tolerate the stairs back up to my front door, and they would keep me awake at night.   The Doctor said no more running.

The edema (swelling) continues to worsen even after a round of dieuretics (water pills) - When I get up in the morning - everything is back down to normal.  But less than an hour up and Poof - back to being fluffy.   So now the hunt for cause begins.  Labs - again.   Rule out kidney failure.  So far sounds like labs look decent.  So now what?  Something invasive and ugly?

I just want to be mobile again - be able to get on the bike at the gym - be able to do the leg lifts on the exercise circuit machines - keep working on my weight loss. (the lap band isnt) - but - alas - my body is fighting back with this damn Hipn'nee disorder (Hip AND knee) keeping me down.   Cut the old gal a break!  She just wants to have fun dammit!

No comments:

Post a Comment