Sunday, January 20, 2013

Backward and Forward

Looking back - it's been a good year.

I've done lots of fun stuff with lots of great friends.  Gatherings for tastings, birthdays, movie nights, dinners, house-warmings.    And then there's the Holidays - OMG - of course Halloween of which I never shared pictures with you.  OK - here's a few:




















OK - I think you get the picture nyuk nyuk.... a fun time was had by all, there was tons of cool food, I decorated my fool head off and there was a good turnout.  Who could ask for anything more?

A few other 2012 highlights

People I have reconnected with on Facebook - - - Butch Vecchio, (my first (ever) boyfriend-wow huh?), Eddie Evans, Dave Jones, Guy Bonds and several others from early 1970s group of friends (40 years ago - wow again), Cousins Thomas and Gary Fohrenck (My Uncle Bill's kids), several other members of the Vecchio family (my ex's kids,cousin Tory,  sister Mary,  etc.) - Sonya Byrdsong Pereira (half sister to my son Tony - (abandoned by her father (my ex) after her mother died...so sad).....and I'm sure there are tons more I am forgetting.

Some fun things I did this year (just to name a few):

Went to Bill Randall's 50th birthday party in Phoenix with my friend Jo Hurst - Bill is a twin - he lives in Sacramento  and the party was in Phoenix at his twin brother Wes's house.  I met the family - his crazy nephew Taylor and more conservative Nephew are both engaged in the entertainment business in Hollywood and quite successful for young people.  Nice kids!  His sister in law Sandy is a sweetheart.  Jo and I stayed over at a nearby hotel and shopped and ate out a couple times while we were there before heading back (I drove).



Went toMeag Palm Springs to visit friend Meagan Beavers - and stayed with her for a couple days.  What a lovely visit.  She has a wonderful house with a pool out back that I spent most of my time either in or by.  We went out and ate and drank and just hung out at the house and caught up and visited.




Went to the California Wine Festival in Santa Barbara with Rebecca Pate, Jo Hurst, and Deborah Dominguez.  Drove to Santa Barbara (beautiful coastal drive) and stayed at a hotel - and did a 2- day drink fest with great food and shopping in between.


Also attended several of Rebecca Pate's  events...Her bridal shower, her military promotion, and her wedding.   All were great!

Went to Universal Studios with Nephew Chris and his family - who stayed with me for about 4-5 days (He, his wife, and 3 kids) - We also went to SeaWorld - and tons of beaches.  I tried to get them around to see as much as I could for as short a visit as they had - and they say it's the best trip they've ever been on.   They are a lovely family and the kids are just great!  We had a cookout at the house one evening and My sons Rob and Justin - with their girlfriends Jodi and Michelle were there and got to meet their cousins as well.  It was a very nice visit.  Jo and her husband were also there.  She also thought they were great.  It was a wonderful visit - they (and I) had a great time.






Had a Lobster fest on Justin's boat.  He trapped about 8-9 lobster and 5 of us ate lobster like kings - a great night!






wonderful Thanksgiving (double turkey) and Christmas (seafood extravaganza) gatherings at my home with my sons, and with friends.







And of course the typical gatherings for True Blood, Dexter and just gathering for the heck of it with friends now and then or after work on a Friday








Oh and last but not least - have discovered the cause of all my Left-sided aches and pains - seems
 a vertebrae has shifted forward and to the left and is pinching nerves on that side so the Left hip, leg, knee, foot - etc etc issues that I have been having - all because of THIS:



Can you see it?  The diagonal coming up from the right bottom corner - is the spine - 1 bone - 2 bones then oops - big dark space and line is crooked - 3rd bone is way out of line... see it now? Sooo lots of physical therapy in my future.  I will NOT succomb to spinal surgery....the most debilitating thing a person could ever do to themself!  I will get through this with hard work and determination!

And a quick 2012 general overview:

Some of the 2012 historical events.....
Obama is president (again)
Olympics in London
Superstorm Sandy in the NE.
The mission to mars
Marijuana legalized in Colorado, Washington and Oregon.
Colorado Theatre killings
Syria's Civil war
Cruise ship Costa Concordia ran aground off Italy's coast
Queen Elizabeth's celebration of 60 years as queen
Mass Killing (26) at Sandy Hook ELEMENTARY School! (Newtown Conn)
Milestone Deaths:
Neil Armstrong, Ray Bradbury, Dick Clark, Andy Griffith,  Davy Jones, Ernest Borgnine, Phyllis Diller, Thomas Kincaide, Whitney Houston, Andy Williams, and Donna Summer to name a few.

2013 should be better (no more horrible news like the killing sprees please) and hopefull be more like great!  We shall see!






No comments:

Post a Comment