Sunday, November 18, 2012

Just another Manic Monday

Turkey day is around the bend and I barely have Halloween out of the house.  Thank heavens I don't deck it out with turkey stuff - like I do spooky for Halloween and glitzy for Christmas.   I've skipped a couple Christmases - times have been hard. 

It's been selfish of me - so gonna deck it out for Xmas this year - gonna do it right for the boys.  They deserve that 'go-to' place for the holidays that always was there for them.  They're good kids.

However, for now....it's all about thanksgiving. 
We've always invited those who are alone, away from any family - or just friends that need to eat!  When working in the hospital - I always invited travel nurses.  They were from elsewhere - they only knew the people they worked with and rarely had family nearby.  It felt good to do things like that.

The boys seem to always have a friend that needs a place to eat on Thanksgiving.   It seems to just make it more about what the holiday is about - sharing and fellowship around a table that is burdened with a feast.

Over the years I've traded off with my Best friend - I did Thanksgiving and she did Christmas.  This year she's leaving for xmas - so we are doing thanksgiving together -but still at my house.   I know of at least 6 who will be here.   And the menu will serve them all well.

So tomorrow (Monday) after work - I fight the crowds - find a turkey - and many of the other trimmings, and haul it home.   I'm not feeling so re-charged after this weekend - for some reason I just didn't really rest.   So Monday is going to be tough getting up - tough at work - and tough after work.   Just another Manic Monday! :)  

I'm looking forward to good times and good food in about 4 days.  
Oh and by the way.  My son threw out my fryer last year - and I was concerned we wouldn't be frying again - but he brought a super delux new toy over for the bird fry extravaganza.  
Here it is:
Wish me luck with this monster!  :)

It's a doozy!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment