Friday, December 14, 2012

I'm Dreaming of a Seafood Christmas

Holy cow!
Can Christmas be only 11 days from today? Really?  Why is it time dragged the whole month of December when I was a kid - and it seems to disintegrate right before my very eyes anymore!!

I only put up the 'little' tree this year.   Still in the process of getting organized unfortunately.  Sorta sucks being in an apartment with half the space I need.  I really need a house!

I'm gonna figure this out and next year have space for the big tree.   The little one is pretty enough granted.   But ohhhh how I love my big tree.
this is the little tree (above)
and below is the big tree (below) - you decide.....

The family has agreed upon 'no presents - it's all about being together' - but I broke the rule and bought some little something to put under the tree for each of them.   The poor little tree just looked so naked without something under it!  I guess they'll just have to forgive me!

I can't wait to share photos of the xmas feast with you!  (If I remember to take some)  It is going to be an extremely non-traditional meal.  No turkey, no ham.....Per request of the boys - we are having a seafood feast.  So far I have ordered direct from Maryland - -> shrimp for shrimp cocktails to start with for appetizers (Huge Gulf shrimp by the way) - Also Snow crab legs, Stone Crab claws (OMG I can't believe I found them available to buy - my kids have never had them.  I grew up in Florida and have experienced how incredible they are.   I have tried to describe how extraordinarily delicious they are - now they will finally see for themselves, Oh - and pre-breaded clam strips for frying are also ready for throwing in the pan.

Justin mentioned his Jambalaya - which may happen as well.   Hmmmm - maybe along with the shrimp cocktail appetizer, I'll make a crab salad and a chowder first course before digging into the main meal.   Not quite sure what else besides red potatoes and corn on the cob for the feed.

Guess I just need the red checked tablecloth, some traditional mallets to break claws with and bibs to make it complete.   I may have to look around to see what I can find. 

It should be quite yummy, fun and filling.  I can hardly wait.   This could be a new tradition (expensive but awesome just the same).

Stay tuned - to experience the feast of feasts (if you love seafood like we do).  Hope Justin can snag us come lobster to top it off - 'tis the season' after all - and our first day of the season - we did fabulously!!   If not - we'll have it another day - after all - still have a couple months before the season is over....


a close up  in the net (left) and (below) all the  buddies we caught in a couple hours.

This many would be great to complete the feast!!  The dinner will be attended by myself, Rob and his girlfriend Jodi, Justin and his girlfriend Michelle and possibly Jo's husband Mark - as she is in New Zealand and he is home alone.  Justin may be inviting a friend as well for a total of 7 potentially - so a catch this size would work really well!!  
Please santa claus - be nice and tell the lobster to jump into our traps!!  We'd like to invite them over for Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment